Catch-up~ (Summer Break Ed.)



Well it's been a whole summer since last time I bothered with this thing.



I've gotta say things have gotten a lot better than last time I posted on here. True to my word, the school ended with quite a bang with my end of the year project grade ending up with a 79 (shoulda been a 91 if it wasn't late grrrrrr). Here's the really crappy start-1-week-before-it's-due final product excuse of a project if anyone's interested.

Anyways, I ended my CGS career with some sorta bang, more of a make-shift hand grenade than a nuclear blast like I'd originally intended to but ah well.




Moving on from my Governor's school troubles summer started off relatively slow with a RIP-in-pieces party (actually just a couple of friends coming over for video games :P) which was pretty fun with LAN games like Star Wars Battlefront II and Halo Combat Evolved. Other than that there really wasn't much that I did in June besides go on a relatively "meh" experience of a church retreat, but I'm too lazy to elaborate on why it felt that way.




I guess July and August were a pretty hectic months though compared to the excuse of productivity that was June.




July was all over the place, probably the slowest and fastest feeling month with a bunch'o memorable stuffs happening. With my scatterbrains I don't think I'll end up remembering everything I should but hopefully I'll be able recall the important stuff. This also isn't exactly all in chronological order so I hope it makes enough sense.


Early to mid July was summer school. Like most things it really was just a "meh". I made a few friends with a friend of a friend and some straight up new friends as well so I ya could argue that it had some sorta upside. The whole reason i got put into skrub skool was because of my terrible English 10 grade. In order to prove myself turning a new leaf I volunteered to sign up for summer school with my parents, and that's how my 10 day long journey got started. I mean it wasn't hard at all just tedious and filled with a buncha annoying people (I thought I was bad but noooope). Thank god that all those tedious class periods are over with and I don't have to use Jane Schaffer paragraph formatting anymore.


Oh yeah and during summer school and a bit afterwards later into the month was Dota 2's The International 4 that happened in Seattle with the pre-stadium quals, wildcard, matches, and then the main event. I know most people I know don't really care for e-sports stuff but a video game tournament with a grand prize of $5 million it must of at least turned some heads here and there. After the wildcards I was pretty bummed that the Korean Dream of MVP Phoenix didn't make it but I could cheer on Cloud 9 and Evil Geniuses to the finals.

RIP Nyx Meta :(
Too bad the meta was meh.; lotsa Skywrath Mage, Razor, Doom. Too be fair there were some really good games like EG vs Alliance and C9 vs Vici but for the most part I was pretty disappointed in the main event game quality with this new deathball strat meta becoming so powerful. I lost a bunch of bets and was crushed to see both C9 and EG get eliminated and no western teams in the grand finals but meh, could been worse....




Moving on from my little TI4 news-report I'll move onto how summer went socially the next two months with friends and family.




So I honestly didn't get to hang out with school friends as much as I'd wanted to this summer, which was a real bummer (heh nice rhyme). With the end-of-the-school-year party I had I wished more of my friends were able to attend but I'm still happy with the turnout and had a great time and definitely would do that again (i just did sorta :P). Before summer school started I tried to invite some friends over but their schedules didn't really work out so I ended up a bit disappointed that I wouldn't be able to spend some time hanging out.

Outa the blue Matt asked if I wanted to hangout at the mall with Kate and a few others on a Thursday. I was surprised since Kate hadn't been the weeks prior and Matt had worked so I happily accepted the offer in a heartbeat. We did whatever stuff teens do at a mall ( actually that was the first time I'd ever gone to hang out at the mall x x) like window shopping the whole time (besides steam card thingy). Since Matt could drive we were able to get around a bit and decided to see a movie and head over to my house for the night afterwards.


Transformers: Age of Extinction was OK but it was the whole hangout out with friends aspect (oh I just remembered we watched Edge of Tomorrow and X-Men: Days of the Future Past a month before) that made it all worth while. Afterwards we went to my house and hung out for a bit and took a walk around the neighborhood. for a little since it was a nice summer night. Matt had to head home early and couldn't sleep over, so I guess Kate didn't wanna stay the night either (which was totally understandable). A bit bummed out again I was thankful we all got ta spend the day together regardless.
pretty much me then ><

After that there really wasn't much chill time with school friends since I started up golf (and somehow made the team v v ) and had more summer school. I never really got to talk to Kate too much afterwards either. I think I had a crush on her Freshman and a wee bit into Sophomore year and we got pretty close but maybe I just got too annoying or I'm just over-thinking this but it's whatever, the reason we probably don't talk as much is probably on my part all the way for being annoying. I honestly just want someone to vent to and spew thoughts to but i hadn't really trusted anyone but her the past few years for stuff like that anyways... ;;;;;;;;.



Whoaz it looks like I'm typing up an essay now. 




OK so all that time has been covered here comes golf and Cali, it'll be short and sweat cuz i gotta go to bed soon.


How did I make it? I'm terrible and inconstant to the core. We saw in an email that I did in Cali, Always room to strive for better but I always get really emotional after losing a match or playing like butt. TL;DR there's next year and all after that.

So how do I keep CA trip in a nutshell. I met up with another internet friend, Ramon (<3) and hung out at his mall (2 mall chill times within a month wooah). He gave me a tour around the Americana and we went on some mall adventures, watched Guardians of the Galaxy, and a bit more. He was pretty much just like how he was online so we had a great time talking and going around Glendale. Uhh we had some relative dinners and I brushed up on some Korean. Disney was meh. San Diego was really pretty as well.. In & Out was heaven. Hung out in Long Beach, no LA tho D:.
basically ^^


TL;DR i wanna move there now 




Post-Cali was my mom's Korea trip, which I shoulda spend studying a butt-ton but instead I spent grinding my Solo Dota 2 Match Making Rating to 3.4K (~10% of player pool). I sorta crammed in the end with my Spanish work and that really screwed me over. Ate at some nice restaurants with pops and brother.







Fast forward to now!




New school year is here!
Well that was all really jumbled and sloppy towards the end but I guess it'll have to do for now. School has started. Operation "Try This Year in School" is in full effect sorta, needa still work some time slot issues out with laziness being a constant factor. I really miss CGS, the people and teachers, all of it. It feels like a big work burden was lifted off my shoulders and there's an odd lack of worked around for me but hopefully I'll get everything this year sorted out.
hopefully a girlfriend instead  >>


Maybe I'll even get a girlfriend (or try to :P) or get a 5 on an AP exam, who knows.





Birthday boy has to go to bed now because I'm trying to not stay up past 1 this year if I don't have to.



Gogogo Junior Year!!!


Signing off,


Brandon





Comments

Popular Posts