Horror Movies...meh


I mean really?

Sure for the first 5 seconds it seemed interesting, like some sort of mystery murder plot,
but once I got into the trailer of the newly released horror movie, "SINISTER", I seemed 
like the same old same old. 

  1. Family moves to house. 
  2. They find some weird thing left behind.
  3. Start seeing weird things.
  4. Somehow kids get involved.
  5. Paranomal stuff starts to happen.
  6. People die.
  7. They try to leave.
  8. Supernatural force tries to kill them before they do.
Then you pretty much know what goes on from there. Sure there might be the thrill of some pop-out
gags and stuff, but other than that, I see no reason for people to waste money on this crap Hollywood
churns out from its bowels. 

I felt the same way "Paranormal Activity" and it's sequels. They all seemed dull, didn't look like much effort was put into making a plot, and frankly I could be spending my time elsewhere. Maybe it's just my age group, the mid-teens to early twenties, that enjoys these movies in some way, shape, or form, but I certainly don't see anything good coming out of it. Adrenaline rush? A good date movie? I cant't really can't grasp the concept. 

It's the consumer money to spend it on what they want, but if I were you, I'd just watch something on Netflix, or go outside. TV series' like "The Walking Dead" and movies like "Night of the Living Dead" or "Dawn of the Dead", which are horror movies/shows I can actually enjoy. Instead of having no plot or direction, those movies actually have thought out characters, meaningful plot, and are enjoyable. I admit that sometimes movies and shows like that do scare me on occasion, which I don't mind, but pure pop-out-horror-in-your-face movies just don't do it for me. 


/rant 

-Brandon


Comments

Popular Posts